Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory
This page was last updated on 20 January 2021
We would like to inform participants that we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus developments in Switzerland and around the world. Because of the uncertainty of the current situation, the format of the conference is still to be determined. The PASC21 Conference Organizing Committee is considering a hybrid format for PASC21, which is scheduled from July 5 - 8, 2021, in Geneva, Switzerland. The alternative would be a fully-virtual event.
The health of conference participants is our top priority and, in the event of a hybrid conference, attendees participating in person would be required to comply with safety measures according to governmental regulations, as well as with the health protection plan implemented by the organizing committee in collaboration with the University of Geneva and the local medical office.
A decision on the format will be communicated on this page and through the conference distribution list in March. The decision will be based on an internal evaluation process, the response of prospective participants to surveys, and the statistics related to the number of daily infections and hospitalizations. Any decision in favour of a hybrid format will be subject to change if there should be an outbreak closer to the event date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does registration open?
Registration opens in April 2021 after the event format is announced in March 2021.
- Is it possible that the conference is cancelled if the situation does not allow for in-person participation?
No, the conference will not be cancelled. In the event that in-person participation is not possible, the event will be moved to a fully virtual channel. This might have some repercussions on the event dates.
- My submitted contribution has been accepted for presentation at PASC21. Should I be unable / feel uncomfortable to attend the conference in-person, will my contribution be cancelled from the program?
No, in such instance you will be presenting your contribution through a virtual channel.
- Should I register for in-person attendance but then change my mind due to a fluctuation in the coronavirus situation, will I lose my registration?
In such case, it will be possible to adapt your registration to a virtual attendance fee and be reimbursed the difference. However, please note that we do not plan refunds for registration fees related to the virtual format of the event.
- Should the conference be held in hybrid format, will remote participation be free of charge?
No, participation in the event will be subject to payment. Rates for remote participation will be published on the website once the organizing committee takes a final decision on the format of the event.
- If the organizing committee is forced to move the conference to a fully virtual channel at the last minute due to the emerging of a situation that threatens the safety of the in-person participants, will my travel costs and hotel be refunded by PASC21?
Unfortunately, the conference cannot support participants with travel or hotel refunds. The organizing committee recommends making refundable hotel arrangements and purchasing flexible airplane tickets or purchasing tickets close to the event dates.