Guidelines for Posters
The PASC Conference series is an international and interdisciplinary platform for the exchange of knowledge in scientific computing and computational science with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, application challenges, and novel techniques and usage of high performance computing.
The Conference is co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and the PASC structuring project and it is managed by the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS). The local host of PASC21 is the University of Geneva, Switzerland's second largest university.
The technical program of PASC21 is organized around eight scientific domains:
- Chemistry and Materials
- Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology, …)
- Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD, …)
- Climate and Weather
- Solid Earth Dynamics
- Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow, …)
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Emerging Application Domains (incl. but not limited to social sciences, finance, …)
Poster presentations provide an ideal opportunity for the exchange of ideas and expertise within and between the various computational science domains represented at the conference. They describe topical research related to domain science, applied mathematics, computer science or software engineering.
A number of posters, originally submitted for PASC20, have been accepted for presentation at PASC21.
Poster presenters will be given the possibility to "pitch" their posters to the conference audience in a rapid-fire flash session before the scheduled poster session. Posters with the most stimulating content will be recognized in an award ceremony on the final day of the conference.
Poster submissions have been reviewed by domain experts from the PASC20 Minisymposium and Posters Committee.
Poster boards are 186 cm tall by 121 cm wide.
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION TERMS
Please note that PASC21 is unable to reimburse the expenses or waive the registration fees for poster presenters. One author must be designated as the poster presenter in the submission. The designated presenter may be changed closer to the event according to circumstances.